2011-03-13 21:17:48| 分类：
1. He walks slowly because of his bad leg.
2. He came to the meeting despite his serious illness.
3. He saw to it that the same mistake didn't happen again.
4. Now that they've got to know each other a little better they get along just fine.
5. Then I found myself surrounded by half a dozen boys.
6. I send you my best wishes on this happy occasion.
7. I went to the dentist yesterday to have a bad/decayed tooth pulled out.
8. The development of things depends fundamentally on internal causes.
9. All roads lead to Rome.
10. I meant to give you that book today but I forgot to bring it with me.
11. I was on the verge of accepting his advice.
12. Divorce is not a matter you can afford to take lightly.
13. Lack of confidence contributed to his failure.
14. She has shown great courage in the face of her serious illness.
15. We came to the conclusion that she was telling the truth.
16. His secretary failed to tell him about the meeting.
17. Learning languages isn’t just a matter of memorizing words.
18. Once she has made her decision no one can hold her back.
19. It’ll be difficult to live up to the standards set by our former captain.
20. The scientist referred to the discovery as the most exciting new development in this field.
21. All I can say is that we are extremely sorry.
22. In many cases regulations alone will not work.
23. He is highly likely to succeed because of his intelligence and diligence.
24. She stared at me as if I were a stranger.
25. It is reported that three people were injured in the traffic accident yesterday.
26. I feel angry at the way he (has) treated me.
27. The patient is much the same this morning as he was yesterday.
28. I’d like to stay (at) home this evening rather than go out.
29. You will see that what I am saying now will come true.
30. The lecture was so boring that half (of) the students fell asleep.
31. The problem of unemployment is tied up with the development of new technology.
32. His appearance has changed so much that you may well not recognize him.
33. The castle dates back to the 14th century.
34. She has never done anything for them whereas they have done everything they can for her.
35. We regard him as one of the best players in the game.
36. The scientist picked up those little pieces of rock and carefully put them into a box.
37. The population of China is almost five times as large as that of the United States.
38. The reason why grass is green was once a mystery to the little boy.
39. She was standing by the window apparently quite calm and relaxed.
40. Profits have declined as a result of the recent drop in sales.
41. She put on dark glasses as a protection against the strong light.
42. He could no longer be trusted after that incident.
43. If you sing the song several times your children will (begin to) pick up the words.
44. We tried to assure the nervous old man that flying/air travel was safe.
45. An inadequate supply of vitamin A may lead to night blindness.
46. I can use a computer but when it comes to computer repairing I know nothing about it.
47. Many a mother tries to realize her dreams through her daughter.
48. The bad weather discouraged people from attending the parade.
49. I gave him some pills to ease his pain.
50. The job involves traveling/working abroad three months each year.
51. I feel I should point out how dangerous it is.
52. Their opinion will not affect my decision.
53. When it comes to modern art few people know more than Tom does.
54. When asked she confirmed that she was going to retire.
55. The cough medicine tastes nice but it doesn’t do me much good.
56. If we can’t sell more goods we’ll have to cut back on the production.
57. The film is all but three hours long.
58. I assure you that it is true lest anyone (should) think my story strange.
59. All the arrangements should be completed prior to your departure.
60. Such behavior may result in the executive being fired/asked to leave.
61. Our products compete with those of other factories in terms of quality reliability and above all variety.
62. The team’s performance was greatly affected by the heavy rain.
63. I appreciate your reasons for objecting to the proposal.
64. To some extent she should be responsible for the accident.
65. I’m uneasy at/deeply troubled by the thought that life is just too comfortable.
66. Women tend to live longer than men.
67. We can go to the seven o’clock performance or the eight—whichever suits you best.
68. Men are generally supposed to be strong but most women know that the reverse is often true.
69. He was released from prison after serving two years of a five-year sentence.
70. You look equally nice in both dresses—I don’t know which one to advise you to buy.
71. This candidate has an impressively diverse range of interests and experience.
72. The child suddenly let go of her hand and ran across the street.
73. The result of the competition will depend largely on the opinions of the judges.
74. I’m tired of your telling me what to do all the time.